Our mandate is to promote and improve trade and commerce and the economic, civil and social welfare of the Township of Muskoka Lakes.
Muskoka Lakes Chamber of Commerce is an action-based organization designed to meet the needs of the community. Our Board of Directors is made up of dedicated business folks, committed to making Muskoka a better place in which to live, work and prosper. In short – an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all of us.
The benefits of Chamber membership are many, as you and your business support the efforts to enhance the environment in which you operate. They include the following:
• Networking – monthly Chamber networking functions offer you the opportunity to market and raise the profile of your business, and make new contacts. New businesses to the Chamber of Commerce will be introduced and given the floor to spread the word about their products and services. New contacts ensure your growth and profitability as members are encouraged to support each other.
• Chamber Insurance – you have the opportunity to participate in group health and life insurance packages that are available for small business at rates normally reserved for large firms – providing a direct cost saving measure for your business.
• Esso Business Card Program offers a 3.5 cent per litre discount.
• Website listing – your complete contact information, including, phone, email, website and physical location, are listed on our website, with a direct link to your site and a spot for 125 character description of your business.
• Promotion at Visitor Information Centre & Year Round Office – we strongly promote your business through distribution of brochures, flyers, and business cards seven days a week during July and August in our Bala and Port Carling Visitor Information Centers, and at our year round office at 3181Muskoka Road 169 in Bala. Packages containing your information are mailed out as requested.
• Tourism and Trade Shows – the Chambers of Commerce in Muskoka, along with Muskoka Tourism provide a booth full of information at various trade shows promoting our communities and the entire region.
• Support Business Initiatives – members have the opportunity to sit on committees and support the initiatives of the business community. Participation on a committee gives you the opportunity to contribute and is another excellent way of networking.
• Advertising Opportunities – as part of your membership you are issued a free listing in our Member Directory. You will receive an alphabetical listing as well as a category specific listing in our buyers guide.